Monday, August 25, 2014

Homemade Dripped Yogurt Cream Cheese Specific Carbohydrate Diet


Specific Carbohydrate Diet dripped yogurt cream cheese is delicious!  I was really surprised how thick it is and how good it tastes without any additives or sugar!  It is so nice making a new recipe knowing it won't hurt my gut.  In fact, since I started eating homemade yogurt last week, my weight loss has increased so the yogurt must be doing something right in my gut.  Adding homemade, 24 hour fermented, Specific Carbohydrate Diet yogurt to my diet is the only thing I changed.   This recipe is adapted from the book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle, by Elaine Gottschall.  I simplified it by using a coffee filter draped over a small mason jar.  I might get some cheese cloth to make a larger amount but I may as well use up all my coffee filters first, since I don't drink coffee any more.  I can't wait to start using dripped yogurt cream cheese in some of my old recipes.

DRIPPED YOGURT CREAM CHEESE

4-5 ounces 24 hour fermented yogurt per these instructions
coffee filter
mason jar

Place yogurt in coffee filter.  Drape filter over the edge of the mason jar and push the paper down around the outside edge of jar, hold while screwing the jar cap on over the coffee filter.  Let it drip for about 8-12 hours in the refrigerator.  The liquid will collect in the bottom of the jar and the coffee filter holds the cream cheese up and out of the liquid.

I am not sure how long this will last in the refrigerator.  I am guessing about 4-7 days storing it in the mason jar with the lid on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment