Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Meatballs, SCD

  I don't like crunchy onions and celery so I have learned to just saute them before adding them to my recipes.
 
MEATBALLS  makes  8 big meatballs

1 pound grass fed ground beef, on the lean side
1 large Vidalia onion, finely chopped
1 TSP olive oil, or coconut oil
1 large organic carrot, finely shredded
1 rib (piece) organic celery, finely minced
1 cup organic spinach, finely chopped ( don't add spinach if you plan to freeze the meatballs)
2-3 organic garlic cloves, minced
1/4 TSP sea salt

Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Saute onion and celery in olive oil about 5-7 minutes, add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer. Let cool. Mix into the ground beef along with the remainder of the ingredients.
Roll into 8 meatballs.  Place them in a glass baking dish.  Cook for 45 minutes.  I like my meat balls crispy so I cooked them for 55 minutes.

You can make smaller meatballs also, just adjust cooking time less.

**Freezer meal starter - make a double or triple batch of cooked meatballs.  Freeze. I use freezer safe mason jars.  Thaw in the refrigerator.  Warm in toaster over. **

No comments:

Post a Comment