Thursday, June 19, 2014

Chicken Bone Broth Anti Inflammatory Elimination Diet

Chicken Bone Broth  good for healing my gut / makes about 12 cups broth

1 Green Wise Chicken from Publix without giblets (or antibiotic free / pastured chicken)
2 organic carrots cut into chunks
2 organic Celery ribs (pieces) cut into chunks
1 Vidalia Onion cut into chunks, you can use any onion you want, I have just found these don't make me sick
2 TBSP Braggs Organic Vinegar
1 TBSP Pink Himalayan Salt (health food store) or you can use Sea Salt
enough water to to fill your crock pot (mine is a 6 or 7 quart pot)

  • Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
  • Remove chicken and pull the meat off the bones ( we eat this for a meal ) leave veges and broth in the pot.
  • Put the bones, skin, cartlidge and any meat that you won't eat like the back bone back into Crock pot.
  • Add water to fill the crockpot all the way up, cook on high about and hour then cook on LOW 18-20 hours.
  • Remove lid and let it cool about an hour.   Remove all of the bones and veges and discard.
  • Strain the broth into a fine mesh strainer to remove any small chards of bone or you can use cheese cloth over a regular strainer.  I do this 3 times.
I have Mason Jars that I bought at Walmart that you can also freeze in.  I have several sizes but I like the half pint jars (8 ounces) for freezing the broth, that way I can just thaw one at a time for each day.  I drink one or two of these a day or use it to make soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment