Saturday, July 26, 2014

Coconut Is Not My Friend...

I have been doing so well on the anti inflammatory diet.  My stomach pain, diarrhea and bloating has been minimal.  I was actually leaving the house not fearful of needing a bathroom ASAP.  I had more energy and the mysterious pain in my feet, knees and shoulders were gone!  Then I got the big idea to try a new recipe ...

I made these amazing Coconut Macaroons.  They were so easy and delicious.   Then the bloating and cramping started and by 4 am I was in misery, pooping my brains out for the next 20 hours. I haven't had a reaction like this in a very long time.  Then two days in bed.  Three days later, I am still not feeling good...stomach gurgling, bloated, no appetite, no energy and a headache.  I am pretty sure I may never eat shredded coconut again.  I may still give coconut concentrate and coconut oil a try later on down the road, but for now no coconut for me.

Digestive Problems from Coconut

No comments:

Post a Comment