Thursday, July 3, 2014

Breakfast Patties

I decided to make breakfast sausage with a mixture of ground chicken and beef.  I mixed the two meats because I accidentally thawed chicken instead of beef.  I was actually impressed with the flavor, but totally grossed out trying to mix the meat...next time I am doing it in the mixer not by hand.  YUCK!  The hubs was making meatballs and I was too impatient to wait.  If you don't love the flavor of cloves, like I do, you might want to reduce the cloves to 1/4 teaspoon.

Breakfast Patties  makes 6

1/2 pound grass fed ground beef
1/2 pound ground chicken (buy free range when possible)
1 TSP Sea salt
1 TSP ground organic Sage
1 TSP ground organic Thyme
1/2 TSP ground organic Cloves
1-2 TSP olive oil for pan
Optional...1 TSP organic maple syrup to smear on sausage after they are cooked, yes I like syrup on my sausage

Mix well.  Use mixer.
Divide into 6 parts and press into patties.
Cook in olive oil over medium low heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment