Thursday, September 25, 2014

GREEN EGGS & GUACAMOLE, SCD, CLEAN EATING IDEAS



GREEN EGGS & GUACAMOLE, AIP, CLEAN EATING
 
Doesn't that look like green deliciousness just waiting to be eaten!  I decided to try eggs for breakfast for the first time since doing the Autoimmune Protocol AIP diet for three months and now transitioning to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet SCD for two months.  Prior to these lifestyle changes, if I ate eggs for breakfast, I would be in the bathroom within 20 minutes cramping, bloated, painful diarrhea and generally ruined the remainder of my day in and out of the bathroom.  So far, no issues after eating my "Green Breakfast".
 
There are quite a few variables that could be making the difference in my gut health.  Let's start with the pan I cook in, I only use stainless steel pans now, no nonstick surfaces.  The eggs are organic instead of non organic.  I didn't cook them in margarine, butter or with non-stick spray. I cooked the eggs in organic coconut oil.  And perhaps the most important thing is this...my gut has had a total of five months of no refined sugar, no eating out, only organic homemade real food with three months to heal on the elimination diet and two months to continue healing on the SCD diet.  And did I mention homemade chicken bone broth every day for 5 months!

I used two eggs and a half cup of very finely chopped spinach in my eggs.  The guacamole is pretty simple.  I used an avocado, 1 TBSP lime juice with a sprinkle of salt and just mashed it up. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment